This Baked BBQ Tofu is a flavorful and delicious dish the whole family will love. Made with simple ingredients, this dish is healthy and oil-free! Serve as your vegan main with sides or add it to a salad, sandwich, or wrap.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 35 mins
TOTAL TIME 40 mins
COURSE Appetizer, Main Course
CALORIES 149 kcal
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 oz super firm tofu
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C.
- Add all of the paste ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Break the tofu into chunks over the bowl. Gently fold the tofu chunks with the paste until the tofu is fully coated.
- Transfer the tofu to a lined baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the oven. In a separate bowl, toss the tofu chunks with the BBQ sauce. Use tongs to return the tofu to the baking sheet.
- Bake the tofu for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy right away!
- Use the linked recipe for homemade BBQ sauce or use your favorite store-bought brand.
- If you don’t have super firm tofu, you can use extra firm tofu. Press for 15 to 30 minutes to remove the water before beginning the recipe.
Calories: 149kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 10gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 684mgPotassium: 314mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 80IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 2mg