These fancy puff pastry apple roses are incredibly easy to make and super elegant. These Puff Pastry Apple Roses will make a wonderful center piece for your holiday dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 pieces
- ▢2 medium Apple
- ▢1 Puff pastry sheet
- ▢3 tbsp Apricot preserve or any other preserve
- ▢2 tablespoon Water
- ▢Cinnamon as needed
- ▢1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Preparing the apples – Cut the apple in half and remove the core. Lay the halved apple flat on the work surface and make thin slices with a sharp knife.
- Place the sliced apples in a microwave safe bowl and add enough water to immerse the apples. Add lemon juice and mix once. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. This will make the apples soft and it will be easy to work with them. Depending on the thickness of the apple slice, you might need a minute more or less to soften. I needed about 4 minutes.
- Thaw the puff pastry as per package directions. Roll it out to make it about 18 inches in length.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 6 equal parts using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- In a bowl, mix the apricot preserve with 2 tablespoon of water.
- Working with one puff pastry strip at a time, apply a thin layer of apricot preserve mixture.
- Now layer the apple on one side of the strip making sure that the skin side is outside the pastry strip. (Refer to the pictures).
- Dust with cinnamon and then fold the puff pastry sheet over the apple.
- Starting with one side, gently roll the puff pastry in a jelly roll style. Don’t roll it too tight.
- Place the rolled pastries in a well greased muffin tin. Repeat the same with the rest of the sheets.
- Bake in 375 F preheated oven for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Rest it for 5 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove it. Dust it with some powdered sugar and serve it as is or with ice cream.
- Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply