Easy bacon wrapped brussels sprouts with maple mustard dipping sauce make delicious, healthy appetizers – without sugar! They’re the best brussels sprouts and bacon combo.
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 25 minutes
TOTAL: 40 minutes
- 24 medium Brussels sprouts (~1 lb 1-inch sprouts; cut any large ones in half)
- 12 strips Bacon (cut in half to make shorter pieces)
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup (or regular syrup if you don’t need these low carb)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper (or more if you want more heat)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup (or regular syrup if you don’t need these low carb)
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper (to taste)
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Place an oven-safe rack over a baking sheet.
Lay out the short (halved) bacon pieces in a single layer. Brush with maple syrup. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Flip the bacon pieces over, so that the maple syrup is on the bottom. Place a brussels sprout at the end of a bacon slice and roll up. Place onto the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining sprouts. Brush remaining maple syrup over the top of the brussels and bacon.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make the dipping sauce. Stir together the mayonnaise, maple syrup, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, until smooth.
Serve warm bacon wrapped brussels sprouts with dipping sauce.
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.