A delicious vegetarian stir fry with baby bella mushrooms, chopped kale, white beans, and a sweet and spicy sauce. Serve over farro or brown rice
PREP TIME:10 MINS
COOK TIME:15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:25 MINS
- ▢1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ▢1 pound baby bella mushrooms – about 4 cups sliced
- ▢4 cups kale leaves – chopped
- ▢1 15.5 oz can white cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- ▢3 tablespoon soy sauce
- ▢3 cloves garlic – crushed or minced
- ▢1 tablespoon honey
- ▢1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ▢⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes – more or less to taste
- ▢2 cups farro or brown rice – cooked, for serving
Prevent your screen from going dark
- If you need to prepare your farro or brown rice for serving, start it before you make the rest of the dish so it’s ready when you need it.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add the sliced mushrooms and let them cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add the kale leaves and cook for another 5 minutes, until the veggies have shrunk and are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add the white beans to the skillet and pour the sauce over the stir fry.
- Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve the stir fry over farro or brown rice. Be sure to drizzle any extra sauce from the skillet over your plate for extra yumminess. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 1796mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 8949IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 7mg
Leave a Reply