Aloo beans ki sabzi is a traditional Punjabi side dish with French beans and potatoes. An easy vegan gluten free, no onion garlic side dish that you can make within 30 minutes. Potatoes and beans are two most used veggies worldwide. Here in this Punjabi dish they come together as a delicious and humble side dish
PREP TIME 5 minsCOOK TIME 15 minsTOTAL TIME 20 minsCOURSE Side DishCUISINE IndianSERVINGS 3 servingsCALORIES 91 kcal
- 2 Potatoes large, peeled and cut into thin wedges- 1.5 cups
- 2 cups beans chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil mustard or groundnut or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur dry mango powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Rinse, peel and chop the potatoes into wedges. Rinse again well in water and soak in water for 15 minutes. This step is to eliminate starch and thus to make them crispy while frying with less oil.
- Same way rinse, remove tough strings and cut the beans in the same size of potato wedges.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Drain water thoroughly from aloo and add it to the hot oil.
- Cook in low flame for 8-12 minutes or until they are almost cooked and crispy. The potatoes are now well cooked and crispy.
- Now add the chopped beans and mix well.
- Add spice powders and salt. Saute well in medium flame until beans are well cooked and done.
- Serve aloo beans warm or hot.
- you can add more or less of potatoes or beans as per taste
- You can replace beans with flat beans or capsicum
- The recipe can be doubled.
Serving: 3servingsCalories: 91kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 12mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 206IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg