Aloe Vera Lemonade With Basil seeds is a refreshing and a healthy drink appropriate for Summers
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 100 g Aloe Vera gel
- ¼ c lemon juice extracted from fresh lemons
- ½ c Caster sugar use ¼ c maple syrup as an alternative
- 2.5 c Cold water
- 2 tablespoon Basil seeds
- 10 cubes Ice to serve
- Cut the base of the aloe vera.
- Now trim the thorny sides using a sharp knife.
- Using a really sharp knife, peel the green skin of the aloe vera on only one side.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the jelly from the aloe vera.
- In a blender, place the aloe jelly, sugar and ½ c of water and blend to a smooth puree.
- You may choose to leave a few chunks of aloe jelly while doing this.
- Once done, squeeze the lemons into this and add the remaining water.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoon water to the basil seeds and let sit for 5 mins.
- You will find that the seeds have bloomed and become jelly like.
- Add this to the lemonade and stir well.
- Serve cold topping with ice cubes if desired
- For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
- Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
- Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.