These air fryer potato wedges are delicious and healthy vegan appetizers and perfect to serve the crowd. These are easy, quick, and healthy too.
PREP TIME10 minsCOOK TIME20 minsTOTAL TIME30 minsCOURSEAppetizerCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS2
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika cayenne pepper
- dried herb mix optional
- fresh herbs optional
Cut the potato wedges
- Wash and clean the potatoes.
- Cut the potato into halves lengthwise.
- Place them on the chopping board and cut again into equal halves (lengthwise)
- Now the potato is cut into quarters.
- Take each quarter and cut through the center edge into halves.
- Now 4 parts are cut into 8 wedges.
- If the potato is large and you are getting large quarters, You can cut them into 3 equal parts too but cut them through crenter edge only.
- Optional – Wash the potatoes through freshwater. Then keep the wedges in cold water for 15 minutes. Then remove from water and wipe out water.
Season the Potato Wedges
- Place the wedges in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasoning mix along with olive oil (optional) to the bowl.
- Mix them well using hand.
Air-fry Potato Wedges
- Place the seasoned wedges inside the air-fryer container.
- Don’t over-crowd the container for an even cooking.
- Now air-fry the potatoes at 400F for about 15 minutes.
- Toss them in the midway at around 7 minutes.
- Remove after done.
- Sprinkle some fresh herbs and serve.
Oven-baked Potato Wedges
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 F.
- Line the baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Place the seasoned wedges on the baking sheet.
- Bake the wedges for 35 minutes.
- In the midway toss/ flip the wedges so that it will be evenly crispy.
- Remove from oven when cooked.
- Sprinkle some fresh herbs and serve with tomato ketchup.
If you are making them in batches, reduce the timing by 2 – 3 minutes as it will get cooked quicker than 1st batch.If your air fryer cooks faster, set the temperature at 380 for 12 minutes in 1st batch and 10 minutes on the 2nd batch onwards. Check the desired crisp when you pause to toss/ flip. All air fryers are not the same.