Prep Time10 minsCook Time1 hrTotal Time1 hr 10 minsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: EuropeanKeyword: air fryer potato skins, airfryer potato skin Servings: 2
- Air fryer
- pastry brush
- 3 potatoes large
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
Potato skins filling
- ½ cup canned beans
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice as per taste
- ½ cup shredded cheese (cheddar/gouda) optional
- Wash and dry potatoes. Choose potatoes of same size for even cooking.
- Pinch the potatoes with a fork at least for a 1 cm.
- Brush oil on potatoes, season with salt.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C | 390 F for 10 mins. Place them in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches depending on your basket size.
- Air fry them at 200 C |390 F for 35-40 mins.Apply oil once and flip midway i.e. after 20 minutes.
- To check if they are done, insert a toothpick and check if it can pierce through. Smaller potatoes will cook faster than bigger potatoes.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for some time (around 30 minutes),slice the potatoes in halves.
- Using a spoon, scoop the potato flesh out, leave a good 1cm thick skin
- Drizzle olive oil all around the potatoes. Use a pastry brush to spread the oil evenly.
- Air fry the potato skins in a preheated air fryer at 200C/390F for 15 minutes.
- Brush oil once in between the cook, to get these crispy potato skins.
- Toss canned beans with onion, tomato, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- Fill the potato skins with bean salad.Optionally, add shredded cheese. Cook in air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.