Prep Time:8 minutesCook Time:12 minutesTotal Time:20 minutesCourse: DessertCuisine: South American Servings: 4 Servings Calories: 90kcal
- ▢2 heaping cups sliced pineapple from approx. ½ small pineapple
- ▢1 tablespoon vegan butter or margarine melted, optional
- ▢2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional Chili Lime Dip
- ▢3 tablespoons cashew cream or vegan mayo
- ▢1 tablespoon lime juice approx. half a lime
- ▢½ teaspoon chili powder
US Customary – MetricCook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
- Peel, core and slice your pineapple and place about 2 heaping cups worth in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl, then pour it over your pineapple slices. Mix gently to even coat the slices.
- Then place them in a single layer (slightly overlapping is fine) in your fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, or until caramelized. Flip the pineapple once at the halfway point.
- Enjoy warm or cold, as a side dish or dessert.
- If making the chili lime dip, combine the 3 ingredients in a small bowl while your pineapple is cooking.
Don’t dump the pineapple slices into your fryer basket. Instead, spoon them in one at a time to avoid breaking them, and prevent excess liquid from dripping down below your basket and smoking.Leftovers keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg