yield: 14 prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
- MILLING YOUR OWN FLOUR
- Split Channa Dal or Bengal Lentils-1 cup
- Rice -1/2 cup
- Or use store bought flour
- Gram Flour- 1 cup
- Rice Flour -1/4 cup
- 1 large or 2 medium Onion/ chopped length wise
- 1 medium Potato/ grated
- Turmeric-1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin- coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon ( optional)
- few green chili
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro / chopped-1/4 cup
- Few tablespoon of Water
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Peel the onion and remove the skin, then cut in half and finely slice from the top to bottom ( Length wise). Grate the potato and soak it in water ( so it doesn’t get brown) squeeze the water with your hands when making the batter.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients . I find this step is easiest if you just mix with your hands.
- Once you’ve got a thick batter,Wet your hands and form into fairly loosely formed flat discs.
- Place the discs in the air fryer, spray with oil spray and then cook for 12 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
- After 12 minutes increase the temperature to 200°C or 400°F
- Respray with oil and cook for a further 4 -6 minutes till your onion bhajis are golden brown in color and crispy.
- Serve these hot on their own or with a avocado chutney or ketchup and enjoy