For the mushrooms and broccoli:
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the optional sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced mushrooms and broccoli florets. Drizzle the olive oil over them and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together to ensure the vegetables are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
- Place the seasoned mushrooms and broccoli in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking. The vegetables should become tender and slightly crispy on the edges.
- While the vegetables are cooking, you can prepare the optional sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), minced garlic, and red pepper flakes if you like a bit of spice. Adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Once the mushrooms and broccoli are done cooking, transfer them to a serving plate and drizzle the sauce over them if you’ve prepared it. If you prefer, you can serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
- Serve your air fryer mushrooms and broccoli immediately as a tasty and healthy side dish.