- 1 French bread loaf (baguette or similar)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, etc.)
- Olive oil (for brushing)
- Italian seasoning or dried oregano (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Preheating helps ensure that the pizza cooks evenly.
- Prepare the French Bread: Cut the French bread loaf in half lengthwise. If the loaf is too long to fit in your air fryer, you can cut it into smaller portions.
- Scoop Out the Center: Carefully scoop out some of the soft bread from the center of each bread half to create a hollow for the toppings. Leave some bread at the bottom to keep the toppings in place.
- Brush with Olive Oil: Lightly brush the cut sides of the bread with olive oil. This will help prevent the bread from becoming too dry during cooking.
- Add Pizza Sauce: Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce evenly over the cut sides of the bread.
- Layer the Toppings: Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Then, add your desired pizza toppings. Be creative and use your favorite ingredients.
- Season: Optionally, sprinkle some Italian seasoning or dried oregano over the toppings for extra flavor. If you like a little heat, add red pepper flakes.
- Air Fry: Place the prepared French bread pizza halves in the preheated air fryer basket, cut side up. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and the edges are crispy. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Serve: Carefully remove the air-fried French bread pizza from the air fryer, garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired, and let it cool for a minute or two. Then, slice it into pieces and serve.
- Enjoy: Enjoy your homemade Air Fryer French Bread Pizza while it’s still warm and gooey!