Prep Time:5 minutesCook Time:12 minutesTotal Time:17 minutesCourse: Breakfast, DessertCuisine: American, Canadian Servings: 4 Servings Calories: 164kcal
- ▢Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
- ▢4 large apples (I like a mix of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
- ▢3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ▢1 tablespoon vegan butter or margarine melted (optional)
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢1 tablespoon tapioca starch or corn starch
Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
- In a medium bowl, combine the syrup, melted butter (if using), cinnamon and tapioca starch. Mix well.
- Wash your apples, remove any stickers and slice each apple into 8 wedges/segments, removing the seeds/core. Place the sliced apple wedges into the bowl and mix well to evenly coat.
- Place half a cup of water at the bottom of your air fryer, below the basket. Then place the coated apples inside the basket in an even layer. Air fry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until the apples are fork tender. Mix every 5 minutes or so. Serve warm.
If you have picky eaters, remove the apple peel before slicing and coating with the marinade for a smoother texture.Try and cut your apple wedges into equal size pieces for even cooking. If some pieces are larger, they won’t be as soft.Use your favourite apple variety. I like to mix sweet and tart apples, but use all sweet, or all tart, if preferred.Store leftovers in an air tight container in your fridge for 1-2 days.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg