Easy vegan ramen ready in 5 minutes made with instant noodles and homemade seasoning. So GOOD!! No flavour packet needed! It’s my go to quick and easy vegetarian noodle bowl!! And soon to be yours too…
- 1 (85-100 g/3 oz) package instant ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 2 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vegetarian better than bouillon No chicken or No Beef soup base
- 1 teaspoon tamari, can sub soy sauce regular or lite or Braggs Liquid aminos
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil ( a tiny drizzle)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic (powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons green onions, diced (for topping)
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- 1/4 cup or so fried mushrooms (see notes*)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup veggies: steamed broccoli, Bok Choy, baby corn, roasted sweet potatoes, etc..
- fresh herbs: chopped cilantro, basil, etc..
- 1/4 cup vegan protein: silken or firm cubed tofu, smoked tofu, chopped seitan (see notes*)
- 1 seaweed snack sheet, crumbled up
- Cook noodles according to package instructions with the 2 cups of water. Don’t overcook 2-3 minutes is usually good. The noodles will continue to cook in the bowl.
- While ramen is cooking add seasonings to your soup bowl: bouillon, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil and spices.
- Pour cooked noodles and liquid into bowl and stir with a fork or chopsticks, top with green onions and Enjoy! Add any cooked veggies and or vegan protein you like! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
This recipe was adapted from my Sweet & Spicy Noodles Recipe
- To add Mushrooms: you can fry them first over medium heat with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper or add them to boiling noodles
- Other veggies: make sure they’re cooked or steamed first before adding. Left over vegetables are great to add to soup!
- Tofu: firm tofu, fry it first or add in as is! For silken tofu gently stir in
- Veggie broth: as always I use better than bouillon soup base, no beef or no chicken preferred. I tested it with the vegetable bouillon and didn’t care for it as much
- For gluten free: Use gluten free ramen
Serves 1Serving Size: 1 bowlCalories Per Serving: 328
% DAILY VALUE
2%Total Fat 1.4g0%Cholesterol 0mg18%Sodium 418.5mg24%Total Carbohydrate 65.8gSugars 2.8g